Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field.
I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase each other
doesn't make any sense.
- (Sufi Poet Rumi)


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Going to Central America

Later this week I will be traveling to Honduras and then to Guatemala on a Compassionate Conservation trip. During this time I will be consulting as an avian veterinarian in parrot conservation and also supporting the human dimensions of wildlife conservation. Though my schedule is full of "doing this and that" and "projects" the bottom line is, "how shall I love the world, in this place, with these people and birds?" "How shall I keep my heart open to the birds and people, though life is struggling so hard to break through the suffering and loss present in these ecosystems and communities?"

I will twitter to this blog, and my other blogs, when I can. Though I imagine given the remote areas, I will be taking a break from writing here on Compassionate Communication, and be living Compassionate Conservation in the space that opens up for me.

Blessed Beings,


LoraKim Joyner

No comments:

Post a Comment